- 1975 : B.Sc (Hons) Organic Chemistry
- 1979 : Ph. D. in Organic Chemistry
1991-Present : Director Research & Development bioMérieux INDUSTRY
Main responsibilities :
- Strategic planning and management of the R&D Department of the INDUSTRY business unit ; developing microbiological solutions for the Pharmaceuticals, cosmetic and food industry.
- Identifying & evaluation strategic technologies.
Main areas of development :
- VIDAS automated immunoassays for food pathogen screening.
- Miniaturised system for bacterial enumeration of the major food quality indicators.
- Prepared media for the Pharmaceutical and food industry including chromogenic media for rapid pathogen identification.
- 1982-1991:Biotech Australia Pty R&D / Project Manager for Food Diagnostics and Biological Chemistry Group
Author of three issued patents, over 60 international publications, articles and book chapters, numerous abstracts and proceedings and invited lectures.